Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Early Bird Gets the Husband

I have started my trip two days earlier than anticipated with the bonus of being able to see my husband for 24 hours! Chris has been away for three weeks attending training in AL and wont be home for another three (which is actually now two weeks before I will be home). I woke up at six this morning to make sure I was ready to go. I wanted to make sure I left the apartment perfect since Chris will be the next one coming home and he hasn’t seen all of the decorating I have done. Needless to say I was still doing dishes when Jen came to pick me up to go to the airport. I ended up leaving twenty something punch glasses clean in the dishwasher for Chris to do with them what he will. My parents recently visited and brought the rest of our belongings with them. Included was a punchbowl we inherited with twenty something glasses – we really need to host a party. We currently have more punch glasses than we do friends in Ohio, but that is what you get when you move somewhere new and hop right back onto a plane to go on adventures.

I don’t quite understand why I am on a delta plane when I booked my flight on the continental website, but I am trying to go with the flow. My first flight was delayed an hour AND I sat next to a baby. The baby however was adorable and I still made my connecting flight so all is well.

I would be lying if I said I knew exactly what I was doing. I know where I am going and I know what accomplishments I would like to make, but a most of what is to be learned on this trip is going to be up to the people I see along the way. I am confident that good will come of this.

Delta wasn’t able to get my luggage onto the new flight so I didn’t get my bag until the next afternoon Bleh. I have now jammed all of my things into a carry on bag for easier travels… the smaller bag will hopefully help to squash my shopping infatuation as well =)

No comments:

Post a Comment